Newsela and the Illinois Learning Technology Purchase Program (ILTPP) have partnered to provide ILTPP members published texts and content at significantly discounted prices.
Today, over 2.5 million teachers and 37 million students have registered with Newsela for content that is personalized to student interests, accessible to everyone, aligned to instructional standards, and attached to activities and reporting that hold teachers accountable for instruction and students accountable for their work. Newsela accomplishes this by presenting authentic real-world content from trusted sources in an instruction-ready format for K-12 classrooms. With over 10,000 texts in Newsela’s platform and 10 new texts published every day across 20+ genres, Newsela enables educators to go deep on any subject they choose.
Newsela provides content that is:
- AUTHENTIC: From the real world, about real and relatable people and topics
- ACCESSIBLE: Differentiated at 5 levels, representative of every learner
- ACTIVE: Never stale, always up-to-date with what’s happening in the world
- ACCOUNTABLE: Ensures educators and students are taking responsibility for learning
- ALIGNED: Aligned to key standards, frameworks, and commonly used curriculum
Newsela’s offerings include Newsela ELA, Newsela Science, Newsela Social Studies, Newsela SEL, and more. You can find more information here.
- Discount for any school or district that purchases through the ILTPP contract
- Scaled discount based on number of participating buildings
- Content to meet the Illinois curriculum mandates like Civics, Black History, LGBTQ, Illinois History, and many more
- Professional learning to support the implementation of Newsela
Contact your dedicated Account Manager:
General inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Newsela Schools or Districts
Current Newsela Partners