What does a bunch of blocks have to do with history, language arts or science class? If you find yourself asking this, this workshop is for you! Come learn how Minecraft: Education Edition fosters team collaboration and creativity among students to solve problems through trial and error. We will explore how Minecraft for Education provides the tools to support management of the class within Minecraft, develop ideas for curriculum integration, STEAM lesson plans, plus much more. Let’s spark student excitement around STEAM education together!
Designed for: Instructional Technology, STEAM Educators, Classroom Teachers, School Administrators
• What is Minecraft?
• Why Minecraft: Education Edition?
• How to integrate into classroom curriculum and instruction
• STEAM lesson plans
• Learn to play with hands on demos
• Provide formative assessments
• Classroom and peer collaboration
9:00-9:30 Intros and Housekeeping
9:30 -10:30 Placing Your First Blocks
10:45-12:00 Experience Classroom Build Challenges
12:30-1:00 Assessment with Minecraft
1:00-1:45 Experience a Collaborative Build
1:45-2:45 Lesson Planning Jigsaw
2:45-3:00 Wrap Up and Surveys
* to familiarize participants with the basic game mechanics and provide opportunities to practice;
* to experience various curriculum-related activities that can be modified for specific classroom needs
* to develop ideas for integrating Minecraft into curriculum, standards, and instruction