- This event has passed.
How K-12 IT Teams Can Impact Student Mental Health & Wellbeing
December 7 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
District technology leaders share their experiences and tips during this interactive discussion.
Technology has become an integral part of students’ lives, both in their personal lives and at school. However, there are numerous ways that it can adversely affect their well-being, from cyberbullying to harmful online content to private information being hacked and shared publicly.
Fortunately, IT teams can also use technology to help students. Students are increasingly using school-provided technology as personal spaces. For example, they may use a Microsoft Word document to journal about being bullied, discuss substance abuse with a classmate over Google Chat, or leave indications of self-harm or suicidal intentions in their internet searches.
Register today to learn how your district’s IT team can play a pivotal role in students’ mental health by putting the right tools and processes in place to monitor for these warning signs.
During this session, you will hear from the ManagedMethods team and Brian Meeks, Senior Systems Administrator at The Paideia School in Georgia, who is donating his time to share his experiences to help you understand how he is using technology to help keep students, staff, and his community safe.
During this session, you will learn:
- Common student mental health and safety risks that technology leaders see happening in cloud apps and other online spaces, and how those trends have changed over the years
- Why technology is a critical part of districts’ mental health and safety toolkit
- Why your district needs to monitor Google Workspace, Microsoft 365, and online browsing behavior for student safety risks, such as self-harm, cyberbullying, violence, discrimination, sexually explicit content, and other types of toxic behavior
- How technology teams can collaborate with teachers, school counselors and other student resources to enable effective crisis intervention
- How ManagedMethods helps districts protect their students, staff, and communities from the browser to the cloud
Register now to take part in the conversation!
Contact your dedicated Account Manager:
Sales and Marketing Vice President