More about the event
During this online event, you’ll connect with students and educators who are successfully modeling the new DigCitCommit competencies and hear how their experiences are empowering learners to lead in the digital world.
The two-day event will feature: inspiring keynotes; youth leaders and educator presenters; lightning rounds on each of the DigCitCommit competencies; and spotlights of successful digcit initiatives.
Taking part in the congress is one way you can join our global campaign to redefine digital citizenship and reach 1 million students worldwide by 2021!
Schedule at a glance
Tuesday, February 11
- Introduction: The event is LIVE!
- Say hello to students, youth leaders and teachers as we broadcast live from Facebook HQ in sunny California!
- Opening Kickoff Session
- Join ISTE CEO Richard Culatta as he lays the framework for the five DigCitCommit Competencies.
- Redefining Digital Citizenship: Key Voice Spotlight
- Hear from five key voices from the DigCitCommit Coalition on how they engage around the DigCitcommit Competencies in a series of rapid 7-minute talks.
- DigCitCommit Challenge Winners
- Time to announce the big winners! See who came out on top in the #DigCitCommit challenge.
- Student Perspective Feature
- Hear it from the student perspective: Bringing the youth into the conversation.
Wednesday, February 12
- Day 2: Dive Deep and #DigCitCommit
- Learn how day two will take you through a more in-depth look at the five DigCitCommit Competencies. You’ll enter classrooms and hear from educators, industry leaders, international spotlights and more!
- Morning Hype Talk
- Get excited about DigCitCommit as you wake up with a quick keynote session!
- Lightning Round 1: Alert
- Be alert! Learn how to become more aware of your online actions, creating safe spaces for yourself and others online.
- Lightning Round 2: Balanced
- Can you balance all this? Hear from educators (and youth leaders!) on how they prioritize their time and activities online and off.
- Lightning Round 3: Engaged
- Be a force for good! Learn how to use technology and digital channels for active engagement in your community.
- Lightning Round 4: Informed
- Keep it valid. Hear tips on how to stay informed and learn how to evaluate the accuracy, perspective and validity of digital media and social posts.
- Lightning Round 5: Inclusive
- It’s only a safe space when we’re all safe! Become more open to hearing and respectfully recognizing multiple viewpoints and learn to engage with others online with respect and empathy.
11:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- School District Spotlight: LAUSD
- How do they do it? Spotlight feature on the successful digital citizenship practices of the Los Angeles Unified School District.
- Raise Your Hand: LIVE on Location!
- Let’s bring it back to touch base with featured voices live from the Facebook HQ stage!
- Student Perspective Feature: Closeout Session
- Join ISTE for a closing talk from a youth leader who has raised their hand and redefined what it means to be a digital citizen.