Newsela takes authentic, real-world content from trusted sources and makes it instruction ready for K-12 classrooms. Each text is published at five reading levels, so content is accessible to every learner. Today, over 2.5 million teachers and 37 million students have registered with Newsela for content that’s personalized to student interests, accessible to everyone, aligned to instructional standards, and attached to activities and reporting that hold teachers accountable for instruction and students accountable for their work. With over 10,000 texts in Newsela’s platform and 10 new texts published every day across 20+ genres, Newsela enables educators to go deep on any subject they choose.
Newsela provides content that is:
- AUTHENTIC: From the real world, about real and relatable people and topics
- ACCESSIBLE: Differentiated at 5 levels, representative of every learner
- ACTIVE: Never stale, always up-to-date with what’s happening in the world
- ACCOUNTABLE: Ensures educators and students are taking responsibility for learning
- ALIGNED: Aligned to key standards, frameworks, and commonly used curriculum
Newsela’s offerings include Newsela ELA, Newsela Science, Newsela Social Studies, Newsela SEL, and more. You can find more information here.
- Discount for any school or district that purchases through the ILTPP contract
- Scaled discount based on number of participating buildings
- Content to meet the Illinois curriculum mandates like Civics, Black History, LGBTQ, Illinois History, and many more
- Professional learning to support the implementation of Newsela
Contact your dedicated Account Manager:
General inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Newsela Schools or Districts
Current Newsela Partners