It can be challenging for districts to address Illinois Curriculum Mandates with standards-aligned content that engages students while providing teachers with the instructional support they need to bring the mandates to life.
Newsela takes authentic, real-world content from trusted sources and makes it instruction-ready for K-12 classrooms. Each text is published at five reading levels, so content is accessible to every learner. Newsela content meets the needs of Illinois curriculum mandates, including Civics Education, Black History, LGBTQ+ Studies, Illinois History, and many more.
Newsela provides content that is:
- AUTHENTIC: From the real world, about real and relatable people and topics
- ACCESSIBLE: Differentiated at 5 levels, representative of every learner
- ACTIVE: Never stale, always up-to-date with what’s happening in the world
- ACCOUNTABLE: Ensures educators and students are taking responsibility for learning
- ALIGNED: Aligned to key standards, frameworks, and commonly used curriculum
The document below gives examples of how districts can bring curriculum mandates to life with Newsela’s engaging content.
Contact your dedicated Account Manager:
General inquiries: email@example.com
New Newsela Schools or Districts
Current Newsela Partners