The fast transition to distance learning this Spring challenged districts across the country to adapt to a new style of instruction. Strong leadership and collaboration allowed some districts to effectively rise to the challenge.
In these two Nearpod panel-style webinars, leaders from California districts who led the way during distance learning will share their reflections and experiences. The panelists will share the steps they took during the quick transition to achieve strong student engagement during school closures.
The first panel on August 5 will feature:
- Kelly May-Vollmar, Assistant Superintendent, Desert Sands Unified School District
- Scott Huffman, Director of Student Services, Fullerton Joint Union High School District
- Ryan Mulvanny, Director of Instructional Technology Lake Elsinore Unified School District
The second panel on August 12 will focus on LAUSD East Region’s approach to distance learning, and will feature:
- Jose Hernandez, Director/Principal Supervisor LAUSD East Region, South Gate Community
- Gerardo Loera, Director/Principal Supervisor LAUSD East Region, Huntington Park Community
- Jesus Nunez, Director/Principal Supervisor LAUSD East Region, South Gate Community